COVID-19 Updates for Referring Veterinarians
Dear Referring Veterinarians and Support Staff,
First, we want to thank everyone for trusting us with the dental care of your clients’ pets. Our goal at the Veterinary Dental Clinic of NC continues to be two-fold: 1) to provide advanced dental services and oral surgery to pets in need and 2) to educate veterinarians on the latest advances in veterinary dentistry.
We are open and continue to see patients. As we navigate this ever-changing and uncertain time, we would like to inform you of a few updates in the way we are operating:
- In an effort to slow the spread of Covid-19 and to reduce clients’ travel to our clinic to a single visit, Dr. Hoover will be conducting initial patient consultations via telemedicine. Dr. Hoover and his team will review the medical record and imaging, talk with client, and discuss a treatment plan with the client. A written treatment plan and cost estimate will be provided to the owner by email. For the time being, these remote consultations will be provided to clients at no charge.
- For the day of the pet’s procedure, we are currently operating on a car drop-off model. Clients are not being permitted into the building. We ask that owners call us when they arrive so we may retrieve pets from their vehicles. Upon discharge, the pets will be brought back to the owner’s car once they have had a chance to review discharge instructions and to have questions/concerns addressed.
- Please make referred clients aware of the above changes.
We are committed to continuing offering the following:
- On the day of the patient’s remote consultation, we will provide you, the referring veterinarian, with an email summarizing the consultation and treatment plan.
- On the day of the patient’s dentistry, we will provide you with the patient’s discharge instructions, dental chart, and a link to clinical and diagnostic images. This communication will also be via email.
- All patients referred to VDCNC will continue to benefit from the advanced imaging offered by our cone beam computed tomography unit (CB CT). Since acquiring this modality, we have scanned over 1,000 patients. CB CT has significantly improved our ability to diagnose many disease processes including oral cancers, nasal disease, periodontal disease, retained tooth roots, tooth resorption, maxillofacial trauma, and endodontic disease.
To refer patients, please complete our Dental Referral Form.
As always, Dr. Hoover is always glad to consult by email, phone, or Facetime with any questions regarding veterinary dentistry.
Thanks, again, for your trust. Please let us know if we can help in any way with veterinary dentistry at your practice.
The VDCNC Team
Don Hoover, DVM, FAVD
Katie Rankin, RVT, VTS (Dentistry)
Jess Compton, RVT